An Address by the Parish Council, presented to Mr Akers Douglas MP at the Village Church steps. 1904
Taken from Col. Cavenagh’s scrapbook. His entry reads:
22nd September 1904. Mr Akers Douglas our MP (St Augustine’s Division), was presented with an Address by the Parish Council at the Church steps. This was followed by a service in the Church, and the unveiling (of) a brass tablet in the chancel to the late Vicar, Rev Mr Case, then all onward to the opening of the Case Memorial Hall (now commonly called the Parish Hall) by the Member.
(The entry is followed by a numbered list of some of those present)
1. Mr J Bavington-Jones, compositor Dover Express
2. W.Hall, Schoolmaster village National School
3. Superintendant Stone, Kent County Police, Sandwich
4. Mr MacGreger on the Committee of the Morely Home
5. Mr Jell
6. Rev Wardell, Curate in Charge
7. Mr Coleman of Solton Farm, Churchwarden Westcliffe
8. Mr Doubleday, Parish Councillor
9. Mr Bettridge, Clerk to the Parish Council
10. Lt-Col. W.O.Cavenagh, acting Chairman of the Parish Council
11. Mr Akers Douglas MP St Augustines Division Kent
12. Mr Madge of The Stores, Post Master
These gentlemen have been identified by number on the photograph. The photograph can be magnified to show more clearly the numbers.
You can carry out an advanced search of the archive by search term.