Skip to content
St Margaret's Village History
Thousands of historic images & stories from a Kent village
You are here:
Arcadia Cottage and Cliffe House, High Street
A black and white photograph of Arcadia Cottage and Cliffe House, High Street. Note on back reads 'Taken before the shop was added in front'. The shop was added in about 1880 so this must ...
Cliffe House with board advertising conversion to apartments. 23 March 2006
A photograph of Cliffe House with Marshall & Clarke's board advertising its conversion to apartments 23 March 2006.
Cliffe House, Cliffe Tavern and the cottages attached to Cliffe Tavern complex. 1976
Two photographs, one showing the repainted cottages, which are part of the Cliffe Tavern Hotel complex, and the other shows the front of the Cliffe Tavern Hotel with next door, the repainted Cliffe House, which ...
Cliffe House, High Street c.1930
Postcard of Cliffe House and the High Street c.1930. '37034 The Village, St Margaret's at Cliffe'.
Cliffe House. Late 19th century.
A photograph of Cliffe House taken in the late 19th century. Mr Cripps ran it as a school until 1885 when he altered it to become a boarding house.
Cliffe House. mid 20th c
From the Gordon Denoon album with accompanying caption. Undated
Cliffe Tavern and Cliffe House under repair. c1974
An oblique photograph which shows the front of the Cliffe Tavern and Cliffe House surrounded by scaffolding whilst undergoing renovations. Photograph taken in the early 1970s.
Extracts from a local Guide Book featuring The Cliffe Hotel. late 19thc
Two extracts from an unidentified local guide book. Advertisements for the Cliffe Hotel. Telegraphic address includes "Cripps" Late 19th/early 20th century.
Land owned by James Temple junior in 1858
This refers to pieces of land formerly including a schoolroom ( ? Cliffe House Academy?), Cliffe House, Cliffe Cottage and Well House Meadow in the occupation of James Temple Junior in 1858. [The document of ...
This site has been generously sponsored by:
Kent County Council
St Margaret’s at Cliffe Parish Council
The Cook Family
Many individual donations from supporters of the Society