Skip to content
St Margaret's Village History
Thousands of historic images & stories from a Kent village
You are here:
Cliffe House Academy and Cliffe Hotel; three articles.
The first article is by John Jewell and was published in a Parish Magazine in 1972 and concerns the Cliffe House Academy. The second is a cutting from a newspaper dated 29 November 1974 and is ...
Cliffe Place in the dip in Station Road. postmarked 5th August 1913
These are two postcards looking along Station Road. One is towards the village, with the church faintly on the skyline, and the other is away. Cliffe Place is situated at the bottom of the dip ...
Cliffe Place, Station Road in the snow
A photocopy of a photograph showing a snowy scene with Cliffe Place and surrounding fields in Station Road.
Cliffe Place, Station Road. 7th April 2004
Three photographs of Cliffe Place, partly hidden by trees and shrubs, which is situated in the dip in Station Road close to Nelson Park.
From the top of Station Road looking towards the village
This is a postcard from the Frith Series and shows a view along Station Road looking towards the church with the Golf Club House middle right.
From the top of Station Road towards the village. postmark 1950
A postcard from the Madge Series showing a view from the top of Station Road looking towards the village. Postmark 30th June 1950.
Photograph of 3 children on a beach, found during the demolition of Cliffe Place, Station Road
A photograph of 3 unidentified young girls on a beach. This photograph was found at Cliffe House during demolition.
Photograph of Army NCOs and Navy personnel found at Cliffe Place, Station Road during demolition
During demolition of Cliffe Place in Station Road, this photograph was discovered showing a group of Army NCOs and 3 Navy personnel. No further information available.
Station Road with Cliffe Place in the dip in the road and Nelson Park in the distance. nd
A photograph looking along Station Road towards Nelson Park with Cliffe Place at the bottom of the dip in Station Road.
This site has been generously sponsored by:
Kent County Council
St Margaret’s at Cliffe Parish Council
The Cook Family
Many individual donations from supporters of the Society