Skip to content
St Margaret's Village History
Thousands of historic images & stories from a Kent village
You are here:
Bay Hill from Reach Meadow. 1906
A Madge postcard post marked 1906 entitled 'A Peep of Bay Hill St Margaret's at Cliffe'. It is taken from Reach Road and shows a view of houses in Droveway Gardens and The Droveway.
Bay Hill from Reach Meadow. early 20th C
An early 20th century photograph looking across fields and Sea Street towards the properties known as The Flats in Droveway Gardens and other properties in The Droveway.
Bay Hill from Reach Meadow. postmark 1910
A coloured postcard of Droveway Gardens, St Margaret's Bay on or before 1910. The card is titled 'Bay Hill and Flats, St Margaret's at Cliffe'. Bay Hill leads down to the Bay from the end ...
Clearing the site for development in Droveway Gardens. 2004
Clearance work and ground levelling underway in preparation for a proposed riding school in the large field off Droveway Gardens. 14th August 2004. The project was not completed.
Droveway Gardens and George Arliss' House
A sepia postcard in the Wiseman Homes Series of a lane between the village of St Margaret's at Cliffe and St Margaret's Bay and a house. It is unused. This lane is now known as ...
Droveway Gardens in the snow. 2004
Two photographs taken from Droveway Gardens on 29th January 2004 and showing snowy scenes. The larger picture is looking west and the other east.
Fields from Droveway Gardens
A composite photograph of fields off Droveway Gardens.
From Sea Street to The Flats, Droveway Gardens
This is a postcard captioned 'Bay Hill, St Margaret's at Cliffe'. In fact it shows a view across fields and Sea Street to The Flats in Droveway Gardens together with a few properties along The ...
From Sea Street to The Flats. Droveway Gardens. dated 12 August 1928
An enlarged copy of a postcard with a view from Sea Street looking across the field towards The Flats, St Margaret's Bay. The card was sent to a Miss D Johnson from a Girl Guide who ...
Girls on a see-saw. 1912
From the Gordon Denoon album. The narrative in the album with this photograph states: 'Tommie, her mother (centre) and Aunt Flo: in the background are the Knoll and houses in Droveway Gardens. This picture was taken in ...
Rosewood, Droveway Gardens under construction. 1986
A series of photographs showing progress being made on the bungalow which was named Rosewood, in Droveway Gardens, formerly Well House Farm.
Sea Street and Droveway Gardens in the snow. January 1985
Site in Droveway Gardens ready for the erection of a bungalow. 1986
A composite photograph of the cleared site at Droveway Gardens, with footings dug and bricks to hand ready for the erection of a bungalow. 7th May 1986
The Flats at the top of Droveway Gardens. early 20th century
A Frith Series postcard, early 20th century, showing the properties then known as The Flats at the top end of Droveway Gardens
The Flats, Droveway Gardens
A copy of a postcard entitled ' Bay Hill Path, St Margaret's Bay', which shows 'The Flats' at the top end of Droveway Gardens.
The Flats, Droveway Gardens from Sea Street. Early 20th century
A photograph looking across the fields and Sea Street towards The Flats in Droveway Gardens, early 20th century.
The Flats, Droveway Gardens, St Margaret's Bay
Although this postcard is captioned 'Bay Hill Path, St Margaret's Bay' it shows The Flats at the top end of Droveway Gardens, St Margaret's Bay.
The well uncovered in Droveway Gardens, formerly Well House Farm. 1986
Two photographs of the well uncovered whilst clearing the building site at Droveway Gardens. This used to be part of Well House Farm. 2 April 1986.
Village Orchestra at St Margaret's Sports Day. c1911
Sepia postcard. Undated but probably 1911 or later as the first mention of the village orchestra playing at the Sports Day is 1911. Orchestra members identified are: Miss Alice Robinson (extreme right), Mr Hall with bass and ...
This site has been generously sponsored by:
Kent County Council
St Margaret’s at Cliffe Parish Council
The Cook Family
Many individual donations from supporters of the Society