Skip to content
St Margaret's Village History
Thousands of historic images & stories from a Kent village
You are here:
Drawing of the village of St Margaret's at Cliffe, 1840
An 1840's drawing of the village of St Margaret's at Cliffe showing the position of Portal House, then a Boarding School for Girls called Marine House.
Extracts from census records, 1841 to 1891 for Portal House
Typed pages listing occupants of Marine House, Morley House (now known as Portal House) at time of censuses 1841 to 1891.
Marine House and St Margaret's Church from Sea Street. 1840
Photocopy of a print/postcard reproduction of the centre of the village seen from the S E Caption reads 'The Village, St Margaret's at Cliffe, 1840'. The print shows the original 'Marine House' on the right ...
Schedule of deeds and documents relating to Morley House later Portal House. 1792 to 1919
Photocopy of a typed schedule of deeds and documents relating to Morley House covering the period 1792 - 1919, showing names of the purchasers.
This site has been generously sponsored by:
Kent County Council
St Margaret’s at Cliffe Parish Council
The Cook Family
Many individual donations from supporters of the Society