Skip to content
St Margaret's Village History
Thousands of historic images & stories from a Kent village
You are here:
A Concert in Salisbury Road c.1920/21
Villagers and schoolchildren at a concert held between Salisbury Road and The Droveway, thought to have been associated with the building or unveiling of the Dover Patrol memorial.
Children playing on land between Salisbury Road and The Droveway.
Photographs showing groups of children playing on land between Salisbury Road and The Droveway in 1922. There is a list of names attached
Group photograph of a village gathering. 1920/1
A group photograph of villagers taken on the open field along Salisbury Road before development, and showing the Dover Patrol Memorial under construction in the background. 1920/1
Land at Salisbury Road on sale from the St Margaret's Bay Land Co map.
A photocopy of part of a map by St Margaret's Bay Land Co. showing Salisbury Road and Beaconsfield Road with Freehold building plots for sale. ' Interested parties may apply to either Messrs Worsfold & ...
Land at Salisbury Road on sale from the St. Margaret's Bay Land Company,
A plan of the building plots available in Salisbury Road in St Margaret's Bay.
List of houses in Salisbury Road - north and south sides of the road. 2004
List of house names in Salisbury Road each side of the road starting at the east end. 2004
Salterns, Salisbury Road after the Great Storm of 1987
Seven photographs taken in the garden of Salterns Salisbury Road in the aftermath of the hurricane force winds that swept through southern England during the night of 15/16 October 1987.
The Pines, Salisbury Road being built in the garden of The Moorings. 2010
Construction of The Pines in the garden of The Moorings, Salisbury Road. The new house is accessed from Cavenagh Road. Included is the press advertisement for the sale of new house (East Kent Mercury?).
This site has been generously sponsored by:
Kent County Council
St Margaret’s at Cliffe Parish Council
The Cook Family
Many individual donations from supporters of the Society