Skip to content
St Margaret's Village History
Thousands of historic images & stories from a Kent village
You are here:
Aerial view of buildings at the junction of Station Road and Dover Road.
A photograph showing the electricity sub-station at the junction of Station Road and Dover Road. Also shown are the old Golf Club House and Townsend Farm.
Cliffe Place in the dip in Station Road. postmarked 5th August 1913
These are two postcards looking along Station Road. One is towards the village, with the church faintly on the skyline, and the other is away. Cliffe Place is situated at the bottom of the dip ...
Cliffe Place, Station Road in the snow
A photocopy of a photograph showing a snowy scene with Cliffe Place and surrounding fields in Station Road.
Cliffe Place, Station Road. 7th April 2004
Three photographs of Cliffe Place, partly hidden by trees and shrubs, which is situated in the dip in Station Road close to Nelson Park.
Damaged telegraph pole and its position in relation to Cliffe Place, Station Road. 1941
A compilation of three photographs showing engineers at work on a damaged telegraph pole and its relation to Cliffe Place in the dip in Station Road and looking towards Nelson Park. 17 April 1941
From the top of Station Road looking towards the village
This is a postcard from the Frith Series and shows a view along Station Road looking towards the church with the Golf Club House middle right.
From the top of Station Road towards Nelson Park
A postcard No 23 from the Madge Series looking along Station Road from the village towards the Nelson Park development
From the top of Station Road towards the village
A postcard from the Frith Series No 50408 showing a view looking along Station Road towards the village. It is a Christmas postcard and the reverse states 'With all good wishes for Christmas & the ...
From the top of Station Road towards the village. postmark 1950
A postcard from the Madge Series showing a view from the top of Station Road looking towards the village. Postmark 30th June 1950.
From top of Station Road towards St Margaret's. 1908
This unused sepia postcard, published in 1908 by F Frith and Company of Reigate and numbered 60350, is of St Margaret's at Cliffe village and church as seen from the road to the station.
List of tenants of various properties in St Margaret's. 8th September 1932
A typewritten list of village tenants as per auction document, 8th September 1932, and in particular those of Harold Cottages, Station Road.
Press cutting with a picture of engineers replacing a telegraph pole in Station Road. 17th April 1941
Picture taken from a newspaper showing Dover Post Office Engineers replacing a telegraph pole damaged after an accident in Station Road. 17th April 1941
Sound File: Car accident at the Deal/ Station Road junction c.1914
Extract of an interview with the Rev John Winn about a car accident involving the Winn family taxi business in about 1914. Sydney Winn was driving a fare to Martin Mill station when he was hit ...
Station Road with Cliffe Place on right, Nelson Park in the distance. postmark 1957
A sepia postcard from Madges Series No 7642 with a view looking along Station Road towards Nelson Park. This card was sent to a Mr A Tester of 'Olympia' Nelson Park on the 7th September 1957.
The electricity sub-station in Station Road
An aerial photograph of the electricity sub-station in Station Road which is situated opposite the junction with Dover Road. This photograph also shows the old Golf Club House, which was demolished for road improvements.
View along Station Road towards the village
Copy of a tinted postcard showing a view along Station Road looking towards the village.
This site has been generously sponsored by:
Kent County Council
St Margaret’s at Cliffe Parish Council
The Cook Family
Many individual donations from supporters of the Society