Skip to content
St Margaret's Village History
Thousands of historic images & stories from a Kent village
You are here:
Retirement party given by St Margaret's village for Mr & Mrs Harris in 1990
Mr and Mrs Harris retired from their greengrocery business in 1990, and here are a series of photographs showing them at a party given by the villagers to show their appreciation for their years of ...
The Case Memorial Fund 1904
A typewritten account of the resolutions adopted and passed by a meeting of parishioners on 27 May 1904, following the death of the Rev F Case. Expressing sympathy to the family, and establishing a committee. ...
The Old Village Hall. 1998
Coloured photographs of the old Village Hall and a model of the proposed replacement.
The old Village Hall. 2000
Two colour photographs showing the old Village Hall much the worse for wear and 'wearing' a fund raising thermometer.
Village Hall demolition commences. 2001
Two colour photographs of the commencement of demolition of the old Village Hall in 2001.
Village Hall Hire Charges pre 1950
A leaflet of unknown date, listing the scale of charges for hire of the Parish Hall. Tthought to be earlier than 1950.
Village Hall site and building preparation. 2001
Colour photographs of the prepared site and the framework erected for the new St Margaret's Hall during 2001.
This site has been generously sponsored by:
Kent County Council
St Margaret’s at Cliffe Parish Council
The Cook Family
Many individual donations from supporters of the Society