Skip to content
St Margaret's Village History
Thousands of historic images & stories from a Kent village
You are here:
Aerial view of buildings at the junction of Station Road and Dover Road.
A photograph showing the electricity sub-station at the junction of Station Road and Dover Road. Also shown are the old Golf Club House and Townsend Farm.
Agreement for letting Townsend Farm. 15 October 1928
This is a typed copy of an agreement between Earl Granville and G W Laslett for the letting of Townsend Farm. 15 October1928 .
Group photograph of St Margaret's Golf Club members
A postcard showing a group of St Margaret's Golf Club members taken outside their clubhouse..
Memorandum of Agreement between Mr Laslett and St Margaret's Golf Club over the use of land. 1919
This is a photocopy of a Memorandum of Agreement between Jarvis Francis Laslett of Wallet's Court and the committee of St Margaret's Golf Club regarding the lease of meadow land at Townsend Farm dated 19th ...
St Margaret's-at-Cliffe Guide, advertising the Golf Club. c.1930
Photocopy of 2 Pages from an undated St Margaret's at Cliffe Guide in which the Golf Club is advertised. Details are given of the 18 hole course yardages thus dating the catalogue at later than ...
The electricity sub-station in Station Road
An aerial photograph of the electricity sub-station in Station Road which is situated opposite the junction with Dover Road. This photograph also shows the old Golf Club House, which was demolished for road improvements.
Use of the Golf Club by Military Officers. 4 June 1915
A press cutting from the Dover Express 4th June 1915 in which is discussed the use by Military Officers and Dover Golf Links members. The introduction of girl caddies through the dearth of youths, owing ...
This site has been generously sponsored by:
Kent County Council
St Margaret’s at Cliffe Parish Council
The Cook Family
Many individual donations from supporters of the Society