Skip to content
St Margaret's Village History
Thousands of historic images & stories from a Kent village
You are here:
Demolition of Wellard's Livery Stables (Jenner's Garage), Chapel Lane. 1986
The original building on this site, dating from about 1907, was Wellard's Livery Stables which became a garage in about 1928. This was taken over by Arthur Jenner as a garage in about 1935.. The ...
Jenner's Garage forecourt (dilapidated and overgrown), Chapel Lane. 1984
Originally built as Wellard's Livery Stables with a thriving horse drawn carriage service to Martin Mill Station and Dover.
Jenners Garage (previously Wellard's Livery Stables) and Groves Cottage, Chapel Lane. 1984
Wellard's Livery Stables, Queen's Mews, Chapel Lane
Typewritten notes by Ruth Nicol taken from various documentary sources concerning ownership and usage of the land occupied by Wellard's Livery Stables, then Garage, and eventually the site of The Barn, Chapel Lane from 1825 ...
This site has been generously sponsored by:
Kent County Council
St Margaret’s at Cliffe Parish Council
The Cook Family
Many individual donations from supporters of the Society